Woodland Middle School

Telephone01525 750400
EmailE-mail Us

A values based school

SEND & Learning support

There is an ongoing programme of screening, monitoring and support. As far as possible, and in line with our teaching and learning policy, work is differentiated so that pupils can be taught at an appropriate level within mainstream classes or within sets according to their ability. If it becomes necessary, the school can call upon numerous professional bodies to provide additional support and advice.

Pupils on the Special Educational Needs/ Disabilities (SEND) register will have their extra provision mapped. This provision is recorded and shared and reviewed with parents. All staff have access to our pupil database, so that up to date information on SEND can be shared. Our SEND Coordinator works with Lower and Upper School colleagues to make sure that appropriate provision is in place upon transfer. We currently have a large team of teaching assistants that support pupils

Made by dyslexia

2023 send department brochure 4 23 .pdf

graduated approach draft flyer online only .png



 Our Accessibility Plan can be accessed in the policy section of the website found here.

SEN Complaints
The arrangements made by the governing body relating to the treatment of complaints from parents of pupils with special educational needs concerning the provision made at the school: Woodland has a formal complaints procedure for any complaint made by parents/carers. This procedure should be followed for any complaint about provision made for special educational needs. We encourage parents to discuss their concerns with Mr Conquest, Ms Gibson or Mrs Baker (Chair of Governors). If the complaint is not resolved after it has been considered by the governing body, then a disagreement resolution service or mediation service can be contracted. If it remains unresolved after this, the complainant can appeal to the First–tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability), if the case refers to disability discrimination, or to the Secretary of State for all other cases.