All members of the school community (bar Head, Deputies and PE staff) are assigned into one of five ‘houses’.
The Houses (Romans, Britons, Saxons, Normans and Vikings) are vertical groupings of staff and pupils that are designed for inter-house competitions promoting a sense of belonging and a healthy rivalry. The inter-house competitions cover academic, artistic and sporting areas. Each year we are improving our competition by adding and subtracting events but the list below is the current set of events:
- Collecting merits in the Diary Planner (12 merits = 1 House Point)
- A variety of monthly House Competitions
- Sports competitions for boys in football, rugby and basketball
- Sports competitions for girls in netball, rounders and hockey.
- A swimming gala
- A Sports Day
- A spelling bee
- A quiz
- A Photography competition
- House Fund raising day
- Health Day
Points will be awarded towards the House Cup on the following way:
- 1 house Point for each line (12 merits) in a pupils’ planner.
- 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 house points for each house in each event bar Sports Day
- Double house points for Sports Day
Normans – Mr Littler
Britons – Mrs Griffin
Saxons – Mrs Scarr
Vikings - Mrs McGregor